FSD2759 Environment and Climate Change in My Life 2010-2011: Writing Competition
The dataset is (C) available for research only (including e.g. Master's, licentiate and doctoral theses). The dataset may not be used for other theses (e.g. Bachelor's or polytechnic theses), for other study purposes (e.g. seminar papers, essays) or teaching.
Study description in other languages
- No other files available
- Vehviläinen, Marja (University of Tampere. School of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Toivo, Miia (University of Tampere. School of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Häikiö, Liisa (University of Tampere. School of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Marjeta, Anna-Laura (University of Tampere. School of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Åkerman, Maria (University of Tampere. School of Social Sciences and Humanities)
- Uotinen, Johanna (University of Eastern Finland. School of Humanities)
- Peltola, Taru (Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE))
- Finnish Literature Society (SKS). Folklore Archives
climate change, environment, environmental conservation, everyday life, natural environment, sustainable development
The data consist of 81 texts sent to a national writing competition 'Ilmastonmuutos ja ympäristö elämässäni [Environment and Climate Change in My Life]' conducted by the Finnish Literature Society (SKS). People were asked to write about their own experiences and ideas relating to climate change and environmental issues in the form of an autobiography or diary, or both. The texts are in Finnish.
Themes explored included: thoughts upon first hearing about climate change, significance of environment and nature, events and information that have affected the respondent's thinking about environment issues, contradictions in and frustrations with these issues, impact of the respondent's lifestyle on environment and climate change, and own efforts to act in environmentally friendly ways.
The competition announcements were published in digital and paper form on web pages, e-mail lists, notice boards, newspapers and events.
The dataset is only available in Finnish.
Permanent link to this dataset:
Direct link to this tab:
Metadata record is licensed under a CC BY 4.0 license.