FSD2360 Acceptability of Genetically Manipulated Potato Resistant to Blight 2006: Focus Group Discussion
The dataset is (B) available for research, teaching and study.
Study description in other languages
- No other files available
- Haila, Yrjö (University of Tampere)
- Jalonen, Pauliina (University of Helsinki)
- Kauppila, Jussi (Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE))
- Kettunen, Reetta (University of Helsinki)
- Niemi, Karoliina (University of Helsinki)
- Takala, Timo (University of Tampere)
- Teeri, Teemu (University of Helsinki)
- Valve, Helena (Finnish Environment Institute (SYKE))
agricultural biotechnology, agricultural production, genetic engineering, genetically modified crops, natural environment, plant genetics
The study charted the acceptability of a genetically modified type of potato, which is resistant to blight, for use in Finnish agriculture and the Finnish food market. The basis for the study were two panel discussions, where the conversation topics included the panelists' personal relationship with potato as a food item, estimations on the necessity of preventing blight, evaluations on the advantages and disadvantages of using the genetically modified potato variety, and evaluations on the management of risks involved with the development and farming of the genetically modified potato. The participants of the discussions represented universities, plant breeding companies, food retailers, food industry, farmers, government officials, and civic organisations. The panelists had been issued with background material concerning the genetically modified potato in advance.
The dataset is only available in Finnish.
Permanent link to this dataset:
Direct link to this tab: